With increasing regulation and the penalty for non-compliance with the Data Protection Act now at a maximum of £500 000 (and set to grow) – can your organisation really afford to get it wrong?
To guide organisations through the data protection minefield, respected information governance specialist Lynn Wyeth has written a critical and timely report, Data Protection: Compliance in Practice.
This must-have guide for all data protection and information governance practitioners breaks down the key requirements of the Data Protection Act into bite-sized easy-to-understand portions and provides practical guidance to aid compliance.
This critical guide will assist you in:
- Understanding the key principles of the Data Protection Act and the areas that are currently under consideration for amendment;
- Learning and applying the laws and guidelines with which the DPA interacts (Human Rights Act 1998, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000);
- Efficiently dealing with subject access requests and applying the relevant exemptions;
- Understanding the functions of the Information Commissioner and where to locate key data protection information resources;
- Understanding the risks related to information sharing and the importance of data processing agreements (template included); and much more…
Real-life case studies and examples are included throughout the report, along with practical tips and advice to ensure that you are equipped to deal with subject requests and personal data both fairly and efficiently.
PLUS…this uniquely practical report comes with a complimentary CDROM containing useful resources, checklists and precedents that can be adapted and implemented immediately within your organisation. These include:
- A data sharing checklist;
- A precedent for an information sharing agreement;
- Statutory guidance and codes of practice;
- The legal basis for sharing information; and
- 10 subject access request letter templates for responding to a variety of requests.
To purchase your copy online simply add to your shopping cart below or you can contact us now on +44 (0)20 7566 5792 / firstname.lastname@example.org