This best-selling UK report is now available in US version. Extensively re-worked and updated to include US case studies, IT and Law with US-centric appendices and advice from leading US records managers, this publication serves as a practical guide to implementing best-practice in the complex area of compliant records retention and disposal.
Beginning by clearly defining the importance of an organization-wide records retention strategy this practical report moves on to further assist you in:
- Building the business case to gain senior management buy in;
- Understanding the different implementation approaches when applying retention;
- Examining the available tools;
- Researching and integrating accurate retention rules based on the relevant legislation and regulations;
- Marrying the legal and compliance requirements with those of the business;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a detailed retention schedule to cater for each part of the business;
- Establishing ownership and responsibilities for different parts of the process;
- Establishing best practice retention for records that do not have a governing retention period; and
- Understanding the impact of current, new and emerging technology on your records retention program.
Taking into account US and international legislation and sector specific regulations Managing Records Retention and Disposal is written to help you establish a strategy suitable for your organization that can quickly become an integral part of every business process.
The report also includes: Example retention schedules, standards, a sample list of US and international legislation, and a bibliography of resources to access accurate information on citations.
To purchase your copy online simply add to your shopping cart below or you can contact us on 1 309 495 2853 / email@example.com