If half your staff couldn't make it into work today, this week or even this month, could your department cope?
Business continuity will never be the most fashionable item on your organisation's agenda. When the risks seem remote and the costs seem high - effective disaster recovery planning can fall by the wayside. However, the unpredictable nature of disaster means disruption is never far away.
Managing Partner's Business Continuity Management Toolkit is a complete step-by-step guide to implementing a robust business continuity management (BCM) framework for your organisation. It will arm you with cost effective methods that will save time, increase efficiency and dramatically improve the response of your organisation should the worst happen. The report will show you
* How to analyse the threats to your own organisation and asses the risk;
* Who should be involved in the strategy and process;
* What tools are needed and how they should be deployed;
* How to sell your business continuity strategy to key decision makers; and
* How an effective BCM structure can not only improve your performance in a crisis, but satisfy regulatory requirements, your clients' needs and drive down your operational losses.
The report will help you build your own BCM framework by guiding you through five key phases – ensuring that each phase is linked to the relevant BS25999-2 industry standard and to the BCI Good Practice Guide:
- Phase 1: Project Management and Initiation;
- Phase 2: Understanding the organisation - BIA and Risk Analysis;
- Phase 3: Practical implementation begins - development of strategies and plans;
- Phase 4: Exercising your BCM processes; and
- Phase 5: Maintaining and reviewing your BCM processes.
As well as examining these key phases, essential project management and communication skills are covered to ensure that your business continuity management strategy is a success.
Featuring practical examples ranging from large scale disasters to smaller organisational hiccups such as postal strikes and power cuts - along with useful forms and templates to support the key points discussed – so you can put this critical guidance into practice immediately.
The report comes with a complimentary CD containing all the forms, templates and frameworks to work from, including:
- A stakeholder analysis;
- An example of a mission statement;
- An example of a BCM policy statement;
- A risk register;
- Threat impact mapping;
- An example of a crisis management plan;
- A crisis management methodology;
- Invocation documents;
- A meeting agenda sheet;
- A contacts sheet;
- A disaster recovery plan;
- An action plan to return to BAU (Business As Usual); and
- A crisis matrix