Rarely a day goes by without instances of ethical misconduct in business being highlighted in the media.
The reputational and financial risks for companies that do not have a rigorous code of conduct can be massive. And even heavily regulated companies with extensive compliance programmes are not immune as Telstra, Enron, Johnson & Johnson, Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, WorldCom and BP can testify.
Compliance simply cannot be achieved without first addressing the behavioural and cultural issues that impact the ability and desire of employees to be compliant.
Ark Group’s report on Developing a Culture of Compliance provides a practical framework illustrating how to cultivate a culture of best-practice compliance and ethical behaviour throughout your organisation. It examines key topics including:
- Culture as a factor in shaping compliance – Costs and benefits;
- Current approaches to compliance and their limitations;
- Behaviours to be concerned about;
- What causes good employees to do bad things;
- The process of good leaders turning bad;
- The key characteristics of a culture of compliance; and
- The role of ethics and compliance in developing culture.
Using an innovative model the report then guides you step-by-step through the process of developing a culture of compliance within your own organisation, including how to:
- Assess the influencers of behaviour that will determine whether your employees will engage in misconduct and whether they will report misconduct they observe;
- Align the elements of culture (goals, values, standards) to create an environment where employees feel less pressured to engage in misconduct;
- Create an action plan to deploy effective communication and training to leaders, managers and line employees; and
- Develop a programme to address most common types of misconduct and undesired behaviour.
Author, David Gebler, a renowned thought-leader in values-based ethics and culture risk management draws on practical case studies and best worst practice examples from leading organisations including: Johnson & Johnson, Boeing, BP, Worldcom, Pfizer and more…
To purchase your copy online simply add to your shopping cart below or call us now on +44 (0)20 7566 5792 to order over the phone.