Implemented effectively, corporate intranets and enterprise portals can support core business objectives by giving employees a personalised gateway to the online corporate environment. A self-service, one-stop shop, they enable employees to share information and expertise, facilitating communication and collaboration at every level.
The well designed corporate intranet will maximise individual and collective performance and produce efficiency gains throughout the business, increasing the value of knowledge resources and providing your employees with the tools they need to fulfil their day-to-day roles and add value to the business.
Ark Group’s Intranet Strategy report is unique in providing a comprehensive and logical guide through each stage of the development process. It provides this highly practical information in six key sections:
- Establishing both business and user requirements as the basis for intranet and portal development and implementation;
- Intranet design – achieving usability and consistency;
- Content management – covering in detail the subjects of content generation and migration, ownership and responsibility and categorisation, navigation and search;
- Personalisation – tailoring the individual user experience;
- Developing an intranet culture – promoting enterprise-wide dialogue and collaboration to enhance employee engagement;
- Extending security beyond the firewall – maintaining the integrity of your intranet while providing an effective tool for mobile and remote workers.
With in-depth research, supported by contributions from experts in the field and real-world case studies this important report defines the key requirements that guide intranet and portal development. Intranet Strategy provides you with the knowledge to devise an effective methodology for successful implementation and consolidation of your own corporate intranet.