Do you face a continuing battle when managing the retention and disposal of documents in your organisation?
Few who are responsible for records management do not face resistance from employees who often see this vital process as an unnecessary, low level, administrative burden linked to archiving and filing.
Ark Groupís new report Records Retention and Disposal is a practical guide to implementing best-practice in this complex area. The report begins by clearly defining the importance of an organisation-wide records retention strategy and goes on to further assist you in:
- Building the business case to gain senior management buy in;
- Understanding the different approaches available to you when applying retention;
- Examining the available tools;
- Researching and integrating accurate retention rules based on the relevant legislation and regulations;
- Marrying the legal and compliance requirements with those of the business;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a detailed retention schedule to cater for each part of the business;
- Establishing ownership and responsibilities for different parts of the process;
- Establishing best practice retention for records that do not have a governing retention period; and
- Understanding the impact of new and emerging technology on your records retention strategy.
Taking into account UK and international legislation and sector specific regulations Records Retention and Disposal is written to help you establish a strategy suitable for your organisation and one which can become an integral part of every business process.
The report also includes:
- Example retention schedules;
- A sample list of UK and international legislation; and
- A bibliography of resources to access accurate information on citations.
Separating fact from rumour, the report will help you add value, aid compliance and reduce risk.