posted 3 Jan 2001 in Volume 4 Issue 4
New features added to the website
The following is a summary of new features added to the Knowledge Management website. If you have forgotten your username or password, please contact the webmaster at email@example.com. If you are not a subscriber, you can also register for a free trial at www.kmmagazine.com.
As readers may already have seen, the Knowledge Management website has been totally redesigned. Subscriber access is now easier and far quicker and, we hope you will agree, the site now looks better than ever before.
And as well as the latest news, features, job offers, event listings, and a fully searchable library of over 150 articles, there are also a number of new features added to the site:
- The forum allows any visitor to the Knowledge Management website to participate in discussions relating to any aspect of KM. In particular, visitors can post their reaction to an article that appears in the magazine, join in a "Your Say" discussion, or give feedback on Ark events. Please follow the instruction in the adjacent panel to register and gain access to the forum.
- Our new site also incorporates a knowledge management bookshop, allowing visitors to easily locate and purchase the latest KM titles online, at extremely competitive prices.
- Visitors to the Knowledge Management site can sign up for a free KM newsletter, which will be sent out once a week. This newsletter will keep recipients up-to-date with the latest knowledge management news, job offers and KM events. To subscribe, go to the Knowledge Management homepage and simply fill in your email address under the ‘newsletter’ heading, then hit the ‘subscribe’ button.
If you have any questions regarding any feature on the Knowledge Management website, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, we would welcome any suggestions you may have to further improve the site, so please do not hesitate to get in touch. KM
How to register for the Knowledge Management forum
The forum is accessible to every visitor to the Knowledge Management website, regardless of whether you currently subscribe to the magazine. However, before being able to post and reply to messages, you will need to register.
- Go to www.kmmgazine.com and click on ‘forum’
- Click on ‘register’ on the navigation bar below ‘Ark Group bulletin board’
- Click ‘agree’ and fill in the form. Important! Existing subscribers can enter the same username they use to enter the Management website, but your password will not be accepted by the forum software. You will, though, be able to customise your forum password after registration (see below).
- After registering, an email will be sent to you with your forum password. Return to the forum and click on ‘profile’. Enter your username and password. You can now change your password and activate additional features such as automatic access
- After submitting the details again, you will have access to the forum.
Certain forums are private and can only be accessed by invited guests. Most of these relate to events organised and run by Ark Group. Please do not hesitate to invite your colleagues or friends to join the Knowledge Management forum!