The knowledge management (KM) profession is facing significant challenges as a result of the changes in the legal market.
The spotlight is now clearly focused on the role of the KM function in overall firm strategy.
Managing Partner’s new report, Best Practices in Legal Knowledge Management is the must-have guide for all KM practitioners looking to tackle these challenges head on at both a fundamental and strategic level. It answers key questions, including how to:
- Meet clients’ demands for value-added services and innovation in service delivery;
- Adapt your firm’s technology to achieve effective legal service delivery;
- Deliver information to fee earners before they realise they need it; and
- Restructure your KM function for maximum value.
Leading KM experts - Lucy Dillon, Alister Bould, Lee Bryant, Duncan Ogilvy, Ruth Ward, Wendy Small, and more – provide their sought-after views and advice on key issues that affect your firm, including:
- Global information and technology trends in legal academic law libraries;
- Combining risk and knowledge functions effectively to identify, quantify and manage risk associated with the delivery of legal services;
- Using legal project management to create knowledge which has competitive value for your firm and its clients;
- Achieving quick wins and using legal know-how to meet clients’ information needs;
- Implementing successful document assembly projects;
- Using technology to engender effective internal knowledge sharing and push information to fee earners on a timely basis;
- Implementing a social framework to share knowledge and information effectively;
- Using SharePoint to drive information management for service improvement;
- Maximising the benefits of collaborative technology;
- Engaging lawyers in new technology offered by your firm;
- Implementing a successful KM strategy; and much much more…
This invaluable KM resource is also packed with insightful real-life case studies from leading firms including White & Case, Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, Shepherd and Wedderburn, Mills & Reeve, Husch Blackwell LLP, Pinsent Masons and Squire, Sanders & Dempsey.
Best Practices in Legal Knowledge Management provides up-to-the-minute best practice guidance for delivering cutting-edge KM within your firm.
To purchase your copy online simply add to your shopping cart below or call us now on +44 (0)20 7566 5792 to order over the phone.